spark-user mailing list archives

From rarediel <bryce.ag...@gettyimages.com>
Subject how to use spark.mesos.constraints
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 01:14:42 GMT
I am trying to add mesos constraints to my spark-submit command in my
marathon file I am setting it to spark.mesos.coarse=true.

Here is an example of a constraint I am trying to set.

 --conf spark.mesos.constraint=cpus:2

I want to use the constraints to control the amount of executors are created
so I can control the total memory of my spark job.

I've tried many variations of resource constraints, but no matter which
resource or what number, range, etc. I do I always get the error "Initial
job has not accepted any resources; check your cluster UI...".  My cluster
has the available resources.  Is there any examples I can look at where
people use resource constraints?