spark-user mailing list archives

From b2k70 <bbuil...@gmail.com>
Subject Spark SQL 1.5.2 missing JDBC driver for PostgreSQL?
Date Wed, 23 Dec 2015 01:22:14 GMT
I see in the Spark SQL documentation that a temporary table can be created
directly onto a remote PostgreSQL table.

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE <table_name>
USING org.apache.spark.sql.jdbc
OPTIONS (
url "jdbc:postgresql://<PostgreSQL_Hostname_IP>/<database_name>",
dbtable "impressions"
);
When I run this against our PostgreSQL server, I get the following error.

Error: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for
jdbc:postgresql://<PostgreSQL_Hostname_IP>/<database_name> (state=,code=0)

Can someone help me understand why this is?

Thanks, Ben