spark-user mailing list archives

From Bharathi Raja <raja...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: How to Parse & flatten JSON object in a text file using Spark &Scala into Dataframe
Date Thu, 24 Dec 2015 05:34:20 GMT
Thanks Gokul, but the file I have had the same format as I have mentioned. First two columns
are not in Json format.

Thanks,
Raja

-----Original Message-----
From: "Gokula Krishnan D" <email2dgk@gmail.com>
Sent: ‎12/‎24/‎2015 2:44 AM
To: "Eran Witkon" <eranwitkon@gmail.com>
Cc: "raja kbv" <rajakbv@yahoo.com>; "user@spark.apache.org" <user@spark.apache.org>
Subject: Re: How to Parse & flatten JSON object in a text file using Spark &Scala
into Dataframe

You can try this .. But slightly modified the  input structure since first two columns were
not in Json format.

Thanks & Regards,
Gokula Krishnan (Gokul)

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 9:46 AM, Eran Witkon <eranwitkon@gmail.com> wrote:

Did you get a solution for this?

On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 at 20:24 raja kbv <rajakbv@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

Hi,

I am new to spark.

I have a text file with below structure.

(employeeID: Int, Name: String, ProjectDetails: JsonObject{[{ProjectName, Description, Duriation,
Role}]})
Eg:
(123456, Employee1, {“ProjectDetails”:[
                                                         { “ProjectName”: “Web Develoement”,
“Description” : “Online Sales website”, “Duration” : “6 Months” , “Role”
: “Developer”}
                                                         { “ProjectName”: “Spark Develoement”,
“Description” : “Online Sales Analysis”, “Duration” : “6 Months” , “Role”
: “Data Engineer”}
                                                         { “ProjectName”: “Scala Training”,
“Description” : “Training”, “Duration” : “1 Month” }
                                                          ]
                                                }

Could someone help me to parse & flatten the record as below dataframe using scala?

employeeID,Name, ProjectName, Description, Duration, Role
123456, Employee1, Web Develoement, Online Sales website, 6 Months , Developer
123456, Employee1, Spark Develoement, Online Sales Analysis, 6 Months, Data Engineer
123456, Employee1, Scala Training, Training, 1 Month, null

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Raja