spark-user mailing list archives

From Zhan Zhang <zzh...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Unable to create hive table using HiveContext
Date Wed, 23 Dec 2015 20:43:37 GMT
You are using embedded mode, which will create the db locally (in your case, maybe the db has
been created, but you do not have right permission?).

To connect to remote metastore, hive-site.xml has to be correctly configured.

Thanks.

Zhan Zhang

On Dec 23, 2015, at 7:24 AM, Soni spark <soni2015.spark@gmail.com<mailto:soni2015.spark@gmail.com>>