Hi Hokam,

You can use OneHotEncoder to encode category variables to feature vector, Spark ML provide this transformer.
To weight for individual category, there is no exist method to do this, but you can implement a UDF which can multiple a factor to specified column of a vector.

Yanbo

Hi,

We have one use case in which we need to handle the categorical variables in
SVM, Regression and Logistic regression models(MLlib not ML) for scoring.

We are getting the possible category values against each category variable.

So how the string value of categorical variable can be converted into double
values for forming the features vector ?

Also how the weight for individual categories can be calculated for models.
Like we have Gender as variable with categories as Male and Female and we
want to give more weight to female category, then how this can be
accomplished?

Also is there a way through which string values from raw text can be
converted to features vector(Apart from the HashingTF-IDF transformation) ?

--

Thanks and Regards,
Hokam Singh Chauhan

Mobile : 09407125190