As a I mentioned on the akka mailing list, in case others are following this thread: the issue isn't with dependencies. It's a bug in the maven-shade-plugin. It breaks classfiles when creating the assembly jar (it seems to do some constant propagation). `sbt assembly` doesn't suffer from this issue, probably because it uses another library for jar merging.

iulian

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 7:21 PM, Boavida, Rodrigo <Rodrigo.Boavida@aspect.com> wrote:
HI Jacek,

Yes I was told that as well but no one gave me release schedules, and I have the immediate need to have Spark Applications communicating with Akka clusters based on latest version. I'm aware there is an ongoing effort to change to the low level netty implementation but AFAIK it's not available yet.

Any suggestions are very welcomed.

Tnks,
Rod

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacek Laskowski [mailto:jacek@japila.pl]
Sent: 01 December 2015 18:17
To: Boavida, Rodrigo <Rodrigo.Boavida@Aspect.com>
Cc: user <user@spark.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Scala 2.11 and Akka 2.4.0

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 2:32 PM, RodrigoB <rodrigo.boavida@aspect.com> wrote:

> I'm currently trying to build spark with Scala 2.11 and Akka 2.4.0.

Why? AFAIK Spark's leaving Akka's boat and joins Netty's.

Jacek
This email (including any attachments) is proprietary to Aspect Software, Inc. and may contain information that is confidential. If you have received this message in error, please do not read, copy or forward this message. Please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and destroy any copies. You may not further disclose or distribute this email or its attachments.