spark-user mailing list archives

From Sun Rui <sunrise_...@163.com>
Subject Re: SparkR query
Date Wed, 18 May 2016 03:19:37 GMT
I guess that you are using an old version of Spark, 1.4.

please try Spark version 1.5+

> On May 17, 2016, at 18:42, Mike Lewis <MLewis@nephilaadvisors.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Thanks, I’m just using RStudio. Running locally is fine, just issue with having cluster
in Linux and workers looking for Windows path,
> Which must be being passed through by the driver I guess. I checked the spark-env.sh
on each node and the appropriate SPARK_HOME is set
> correctly….

 sparkEnvir=list(spark.cores.max="4"))
> x <- SparkR:::parallelize(sc,1:100,2)
> y <- count(x)
>
> But I can see that the worker nodes are failing, they are looking for the Windows (rather
than linux path) to
> Daemon.R
>
> 16/05/17 06:52:33 INFO BufferedStreamThread: Fatal error: cannot open file 'E:/Dev/spark/spark-1.4.0-bin-hadoop2.6/R/lib/SparkR/worker/daemon.R':
No such file or directory

> Is this a configuration setting that I’m missing, the worker nodes (linux) shouldn’t
be looking in the spark home of the driver (windows) ?
> If so, I’d appreciate someone letting me know what I need to change/set.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike Lewis

> This email has been sent to you on behalf of Nephila Advisors LLC (“Advisors”). Advisors
provides consultancy services to Nephila Capital Ltd. (“Capital”), an investment advisor
managed and carrying on business in Bermuda. Advisors and its employees do not act as agents
for Capital or the funds it advises and do not have the authority to bind Capital or such
funds to any transaction or agreement.

> The information in this e-mail, and any attachment therein, is confidential and for use
by the addressee only. Any use, disclosure, reproduction, modification or distribution of
the contents of this e-mail, or any part thereof, other than by the intended recipient, is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please return the e-mail to the
sender and delete it from your computer. This email is for information purposes only, nothing
contained herein constitutes an offer to sell or buy securities, as such an offer may only
be made from a properly authorized offering document. Although Nephila attempts to sweep e-mail
and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts
no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.

> This email has been sent to you on behalf of Nephila Advisors UK (“Advisors UK”).
Advisors UK provides consultancy services to Nephila Capital Ltd. (“Capital”), an investment
advisor managed and carrying on business in Bermuda. Advisors UK and its employees do not