spark-user mailing list archives

From Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <renatoj.marroq...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark for offline log processing/querying
Date Mon, 23 May 2016 09:16:11 GMT
We also did some benchmarking using analytical queries similar to TPC-H
both with Spark and Presto, and our conclussion was that Spark is a great
general solution but for analytical SQL queries it is still not there yet.
I mean for 10 or 100GB of data you will get your results back but with
Presto was way faster and predictable. But of course if you are planning to
do machine learning or ad-hoc data processing, then Spark is the right
solution.

Renato M.