spark-user mailing list archives

From rakesh sharma <rakeshsharm...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: My notes on Spark Performance & Tuning Guide
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 16:33:04 GMT
It would be a rare doc. Please share

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 9:14 AM -0700, "Natu Lauchande" <nlauchande@gmail.com<mailto:nlauchande@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Hi Mich,

I am also interested in the write up.

Regards,
Natu

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 12:08 PM, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com<mailto:mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Hi Al,,

Following the threads in spark forum, I decided to write up on configuration of Spark including
allocation of resources and configuration of driver, executors, threads, execution of Spark
apps and general troubleshooting taking into account the allocation of resources for Spark
applications and OS tools at the disposal.

Since the most widespread configuration as I notice is with "Spark Standalone Mode", I have
decided to write these notes starting with Standalone and later on moving to Yarn

  *   Standalone - a simple cluster manager included with Spark that makes it easy to set
up a cluster.

  *   YARN - the resource manager in Hadoop 2.

I would appreciate if anyone interested in reading and commenting to get in touch with me
directly on mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com<mailto:mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com> so I can send
the write-up for their review and comments.

Just to be clear this is not meant to be any commercial proposition or anything like that.
As I seem to get involved with members troubleshooting issues and threads on this topic, I
thought it is worthwhile writing a note about it to summarise the findings for the benefit
of the community.

Regards.

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn  https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABUrV8Pw