It claims to support kafka, files and databases. However, continuous SQL will be available in 2.1 or later only

regards
Sunita

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 1:06 PM, Michael Malak <michaelmalak@yahoo.com> wrote:
At first glance, it looks like the only streaming data sources available out of the box from the github master branch are https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/sql/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/execution/streaming/FileStreamSource.scala and https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/sql/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/execution/streaming/memory.scala . Out of the Jira epic for Structured Streaming https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-8360 it would seem the still-open https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-10815 "API design: data sources and sinks" is relevant here.

In short, it would seem the code is not there yet to create a Kafka-fed Dataframe/Dataset that can be queried with Structured Streaming; or if it is, it's not obvious how to write such code.

From: Anthony May <anthonymay@gmail.com>
To: Deepak Sharma <deepakmca05@gmail.com>; Sunita Arvind <sunitarvind@gmail.com>
Cc: "user@spark.apache.org" <user@spark.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 6, 2016 11:50 AM
Subject: Re: Adhoc queries on Spark 2.0 with Structured Streaming

Yeah, there isn't even a RC yet and no documentation but you can work off the code base and test suites:
https://github.com/apache/spark
And this might help:
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/sql/core/src/test/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/streaming/DataFrameReaderWriterSuite.scala

On Fri, 6 May 2016 at 11:07 Deepak Sharma <deepakmca05@gmail.com> wrote:
Spark 2.0 is yet to come out for public release.
I am waiting to get hands on it as well.
Please do let me know if i can download source and build spark2.0 from github.

Thanks
Deepak