spark-user mailing list archives

From manoop <sudhan...@umalkar.com>
Subject JavaStreamingContext.stop() hangs
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 08:12:58 GMT
I have a Spark job and I just want to stop it on some condition. Once the
condition is met, I am calling JavaStreamingContext.stop(), but it just
hangs. Does not move on to the next line, which is just a debug line. I
expect it to come out.

I already tried different variants of stop, that is, passing true to stop
the spark context, etc. but nothing is working out.

Here's the sample code:

            LOGGER.debug("Stop? {}", stop);
            if (stop) {
                jssc.stop(false, true);
                LOGGER.debug("STOPPED!");
            }

I am using Spark 1.5.2. Any help / pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.