spark-user mailing list archives

From Rachana Srivastava <Rachana.Srivast...@markmonitor.com>
Subject Missing Exector Logs From Yarn After Spark Failure
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2016 22:23:20 GMT
I am trying to find the root cause of recent Spark application failure in production. When
the Spark application is running I can check NodeManager's yarn.nodemanager.log-dir property
to get the Spark executor container logs.

The container has logs for both the running Spark applications

Here is the view of the container logs: drwx--x--- 3 yarn yarn 51 Jul 19 09:04 application_1467068598418_0209
drwx--x--- 5 yarn yarn 141 Jul 19 09:04 application_1467068598418_0210

But when the application is killed both the application logs are automatically deleted. I
have set all the log retention setting etc in Yarn to a very large number. But still these
logs are deleted as soon as the Spark applications are crashed.

Question: How can we retain these Spark application logs in Yarn for debugging when the Spark
application is crashed for some reason.