I think so, any reason you want to deploy multiple thrift server on one machine ?

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 10:59 AM, Egor Pahomov <pahomov.egor@gmail.com> wrote:
Takeshi, of course I used different HIVE_SERVER2_THRIFT_PORT
Jeff, thanks, I would try, but from your answer I'm getting the feeling, that I'm trying some very rare case?

This is not a bug, because these 2 processes use the same SPARK_PID_DIR which is /tmp by default.  Although you can resolve this by using different SPARK_PID_DIR, I suspect you would still have other issues like port conflict. I would suggest you to deploy one spark thrift server per machine for now. If stick to deploy multiple spark thrift server on one machine, then define different SPARK_CONF_DIR, SPARK_LOG_DIR and SPARK_PID_DIR for your 2 instances of spark thrift server. Not sure if there's other conflicts. but please try first.