Structured Streaming in 2.0 is declared as alpha - plenty of bits still missing:
     http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/structured-streaming-programming-guide.html
I assume that it will be declared stable / GA in a future 2.x release, and then it will co-exist with DStream for quite a while before someone will suggest to start a deprecation process that will eventually lead to its removal...
As a user, I guess we will need to apply judgement about when to switch to Structured Streaming - each of us have a different risk/value tradeoff, based on our specific situation...

Ofir Manor

Co-Founder & CTO | Equalum

Mobile: +972-54-7801286 | Email: ofir.manor@equalum.io