I am using google cloud dataproc which comes with spark 1.6.1. So upgrade is not really an option.
No way / hack to save the models in spark 1.6.1 ?

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 8:13 PM Shuai Lin <linshuai2012@gmail.com> wrote:
It's added in not-released-yet 2.0.0 version.

https://github.com/apache/spark/commit/83302c3b

so i guess you need to wait for 2.0 release (or use the current rc4).