spark-user mailing list archives

From ckanth99 <ckant...@zoho.com>
Subject Spark launcher handle and listener not giving state
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2016 23:36:31 GMT
Hi All,

I have a web application which will submit spark jobs on Cloudera spark cluster using spark
launcher library. It is successfully submitting the spark job to cluster. However it is not
calling back the listener class methods and also the getState() on returned SparkAppHandle
never changes from "UNKNOWN" even after job finishes execution on cluster.
 I am using yarn-cluster mode. Here is my code. Is anything else needs to be done or is this
a bug?
 SparkLauncher launcher = new SparkLauncher() .setSparkHome("sparkhome") .setMaster("yarn-cluster")
.setAppResource("spark job jar file") .setMainClass("spark job driver class") .setAppName("appname")
.addAppArgs(argsArray) .setVerbose(true) .addSparkArg("--verbose"); SparkAppHandle handle
= launcher.startApplication(new LauncherListener()); int c = 0; while(!handle.getState().isFinal())
{ LOG.info("&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; state is= "+handle.getState()
); LOG.info("&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; state is not
final yet. counter= "+c++ ); LOG.info("&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
sleeping for a second"); try { Thread.sleep(1000L); } catch (InterruptedException e) { } if(c
== 200) break; }  Here are the things I have already tried:
 Added listener instance to SparkAppHandle once application is launched.
Made the current class implement SparkAppHandle.Listener and passed it (this) in both ways
(while launching, and by setting it on SparkAppHandle)
Tried to use launcher.launch() method so that at least I can block on the resulting Process
object by calling process.waitFor() method till spark job finishes running on cluster. However
in this case, for long running spark jobs, corresponding process on this node never returns
(though it works fine for spark jobs which are finishing in 1 or 2 min)

Thanks,
Reddy