spark-user mailing list archives

From Noorul Islam K M <noo...@noorul.com>
Subject Testing --supervise flag
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 10:51:19 GMT

Hi all,

I was trying to test --supervise flag of spark-submit.

The documentation [1] says that, the flag helps in restarting your
application automatically if it exited with non-zero exit code.

I am looking for some clarification on that documentation. In this
context, does application means the driver?

Will the driver be re-launched if an exception is thrown by the
application? I tested this scenario and the driver is not re-launched.

~/spark-1.6.1/bin/spark-submit --deploy-mode cluster --master spark://10.29.83.162:6066 --class
org.apache.spark.examples.ExceptionHandlingTest /home/spark/spark-1.6.1/lib/spark-examples-1.6.1-hadoop2.6.0.jar

I killed the driver java process using 'kill -9' command and the driver
is re-launched.

Is this the only scenario were driver will be re-launched? Is there a
way to simulate non-zero exit code and test the use of --supervise flag?

Regards,
Noorul

[1] http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/spark-standalone.html#launching-spark-applications