spark-user mailing list archives

From "陈宇航" <yuhang.c...@foxmail.com>
Subject issue with coalesce in Spark 2.0.0
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 09:57:05 GMT
Hi all.

    I'm testing on Spark 2.0.0 and found an issue when using coalesce in my code.

    The procedure is simple doing a coalesce for a RDD[Stirng], and this happened:

       java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.coalesce(IZLscala/math/Ordering;)Lorg/apache/spark/rdd/RDD;

    The environment is Spark 2.0.0 with Scala 2.11.8, while the application jar is compiled
with  Spark 1.6.2  and  Scala 2.10.6 .

    BTW, it works OK with Spark 2.0.0 and Scala 2.11.8. So I presume it’s a compatibility
issue?

__

Best regards.