Hello,

using the full class name worked, thanks.

the problem now is that when I consume the dataframe for example with count I get the stack trace below.

I followed the implementation of TextSocketSourceProvider to implement my data source and Text Socket source is used in the official documentation here

Why does count works in the example documentation? is there some other trait that need to be implemented ?

Thanks,
Ayoub.

org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException: Queries with streaming sources must be executed with writeStream.start();
at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.analysis.UnsupportedOperationChecker$.org$apache$spark$sql$catalyst$analysis$UnsupportedOperationChecker$$throwError(UnsupportedOperationChecker.scala:173)
at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.analysis.UnsupportedOperationChecker$$anonfun$checkForBatch$1.apply(UnsupportedOperationChecker.scala:33)
at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.analysis.UnsupportedOperationChecker$$anonfun$checkForBatch$1.apply(UnsupportedOperationChecker.scala:31)
at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.trees.TreeNode.foreachUp(TreeNode.scala:126)
at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.trees.TreeNode$$anonfun$foreachUp$1.apply(TreeNode.scala:125)
at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.trees.TreeNode$$anonfun$foreachUp$1.apply(TreeNode.scala:125)
at scala.collection.immutable.List.foreach(List.scala:318)
at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.trees.TreeNode.foreachUp(TreeNode.scala:125)
at org.apache.spark.sql.catalyst.analysis.UnsupportedOperationChecker$.checkForBatch(UnsupportedOperationChecker.scala:31)
at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.QueryExecution.assertSupported(QueryExecution.scala:59)
at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.QueryExecution.withCachedData$lzycompute(QueryExecution.scala:70)
at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.QueryExecution.withCachedData(QueryExecution.scala:68)
at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.QueryExecution.optimizedPlan$lzycompute(QueryExecution.scala:74)
at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.QueryExecution.optimizedPlan(QueryExecution.scala:74)
at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.QueryExecution.sparkPlan$lzycompute(QueryExecution.scala:78)
at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.QueryExecution.sparkPlan(QueryExecution.scala:76)
at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.QueryExecution.executedPlan$lzycompute(QueryExecution.scala:83)
at org.apache.spark.sql.execution.QueryExecution.executedPlan(QueryExecution.scala:83)
at org.apache.spark.sql.Dataset.withCallback(Dataset.scala:2541)
at org.apache.spark.sql.Dataset.count(Dataset.scala:2216)

You have to add a file in resource too (example).  Either that or give a full class name.