spark-user mailing list archives

From Pietro Pugni <pietro.pu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pyspark doesn't recognize MMM dateFormat pattern in spark.read.load() for dates like 1989Dec31 and 31Dec1989
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2016 15:33:45 GMT
This worked without setting other options:
spark/bin/spark-submit --conf "spark.driver.extraJavaOptions=-Duser.language=en" test.py

Thank you again!
 Pietro

> Il giorno 24 ott 2016, alle ore 17:18, Sean Owen <sowen@cloudera.com> ha scritto:
>
> I believe it will be too late to set it there, and these are JVM flags, not app or Spark
flags. See spark.driver.extraJavaOptions and likewise for the executor.

> On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 4:04 PM Pietro Pugni <pietro.pugni@gmail.com <mailto:pietro.pugni@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Thank you!
>
> I tried again setting locale options in different ways but doesn’t propagate to the
JVM. I tested these strategies (alone and all together):
> - bin/spark-submit --conf "spark.executor.extraJavaOptions=-Duser.language=en -Duser.region=US
-Duser.country=US -Duser.timezone=GMT” test.py
> - spark = SparkSession \
> 	.builder \
> 	.appName("My app") \
> 	.config("spark.executor.extraJavaOptions", "-Duser.language=en -Duser.region=US -Duser.country=US
-Duser.timezone=GMT") \
> 	.config("user.country", "US") \
> 	.config("user.region", "US") \
> 	.config("user.language", "en") \
> 	.config("user.timezone", "GMT") \
> 	.config("-Duser.country", "US") \
> 	.config("-Duser.region", "US") \
> 	.config("-Duser.language", "en") \
> 	.config("-Duser.timezone", "GMT") \
> 	.getOrCreate()
> - export JAVA_OPTS="-Duser.language=en -Duser.region=US -Duser.country=US -Duser.timezone=GMT”
> - export LANG="en_US.UTF-8”
>
> After running export LANG="en_US.UTF-8” from the same terminal session I use to launch
spark-submit, if I run locale command I get correct values:
> LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_ALL=
>
> While running my pyspark script, from the Spark UI,  under Environment -> Spark Properties
the locale appear to be correctly set: