spark-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Kim <bbuil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deep learning libraries for scala
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 17:14:40 GMT
To add, I see that Databricks has been busy integrating deep learning more into their product
and put out a new article about this.

https://databricks.com/blog/2016/10/27/gpu-acceleration-in-databricks.html <https://databricks.com/blog/2016/10/27/gpu-acceleration-in-databricks.html>

An interesting tidbit is at the bottom of the article mentioning TensorFrames.

https://github.com/databricks/tensorframes <https://github.com/databricks/tensorframes>

Seems like an interesting direction…

Cheers,
Ben

> On Oct 19, 2016, at 9:05 AM, janardhan shetty <janardhanp22@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Agreed. But as it states deeper integration with (scala) is yet to be developed.
> Any thoughts on how to use tensorflow with scala ? Need to write wrappers I think.
>

> On Oct 19, 2016 7:56 AM, "Benjamin Kim" <bbuild11@gmail.com <mailto:bbuild11@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> On that note, here is an article that Databricks made regarding using Tensorflow in conjunction
with Spark.

> https://databricks.com/blog/2016/01/25/deep-learning-with-apache-spark-and-tensorflow.html
<https://databricks.com/blog/2016/01/25/deep-learning-with-apache-spark-and-tensorflow.html>

> Cheers,
> Ben
>

>> On Oct 19, 2016, at 3:09 AM, Gourav Sengupta <gourav.sengupta@gmail.com <mailto:gourav.sengupta@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> while using Deep Learning you might want to stay as close to tensorflow as possible.
There is very less translation loss, you get to access stable, scalable and tested libraries
from the best brains in the industry and as far as Scala goes, it helps a lot to think about
using the language as a tool to access algorithms in this instance unless you want to start
developing algorithms from grounds up ( and in which case you might not require any libraries
at all).