spark-user mailing list archives

From Marcelo Vanzin <van...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Delegation Token renewal in yarn-cluster
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 17:23:47 GMT
On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 1:57 AM, Zsolt Tóth <toth.zsolt.bme@gmail.com> wrote:
> This was what confused me in the first place. Why does Spark ask for new
> tokens based on the renew-interval instead of the max-lifetime?

It could be just a harmless bug, since tokens have a "getMaxDate()"
method which I assume returns the token's lifetime, although there's
no documentation. Or it could be that the max lifetime of the token is
not really available to the code. If you want to experiment with the
code, that should be a small change (if getMaxDate() returns the right
thing).

--
Marcelo