spark-user mailing list archives

From Julian Keppel <juliankeppel1...@gmail.com>
Subject Kafka direct approach,App UI shows wrong input rate
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 10:38:45 GMT
Hello,

I use Spark 2.0.2 with Kafka integration 0-8. The Kafka version is 0.10.0.1
(Scala 2.11). I read data from Kafka with the direct approach. The complete
infrastructure runs on Google Container Engine.

I wonder why the corresponding application UI says the input rate is zero
records per second. This is definitely wrong. I checked it while I printed
out the incoming records to the driver console. All other metrics seem to
be correct (at least they are realistic).

What is going on here? Do you have any idea? Thanks for you help.

Julian