spark-user mailing list archives

From Yin Huai <yh...@databricks.com>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 2.1.0
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2016 16:02:59 GMT
Hi all,

Apache Spark 2.1.0 is the second release of Spark 2.x line. This release
makes significant strides in the production readiness of Structured
Streaming, with added support for event time watermarks
<https://spark.apache.org/docs/2.1.0/structured-streaming-programming-guide.html#handling-late-data-and-watermarking>
and Kafka 0.10 support
<https://spark.apache.org/docs/2.1.0/structured-streaming-kafka-integration.html>.
In addition, this release focuses more on usability, stability, and polish,
resolving over 1200 tickets.

We'd like to thank our contributors and users for their contributions and
early feedback to this release. This release would not have been possible
without you.

To download Spark 2.1.0, head over to the download page:
http://spark.apache.org/downloads.html

To view the release notes:
https://spark.apache.org/releases/spark-release-2-1-0.html

(note: If you see any issues with the release notes, webpage or published
artifacts, please contact me directly off-list)