spark-user mailing list archives

From Carl Ballantyne <carl.ballant...@guvera.com>
Subject Spark Standalone Cluster - Running applications in JSON format
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2016 05:20:02 GMT
Hi All,

I want to get the running applications for my Spark Standalone cluster
in JSON format. The same information displayed on the web UI on port
8080 ... but in JSON.

Is there an easy way to do this? It seems I need to scrap the HTML page
in order to get this information.

The reason I want to know this information is so I can ensure the Spark
cluster does not get too many jobs submitted at once. A Stand alone
cluster processes jobs FIFO. I would prefer to just send back a message
to the user telling them to try later then submit a job which has to
wait for other jobs to finish before starting.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers,
Carl