spark-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Partitioning strategy
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2017 11:18:24 GMT
You can always repartition, but maybe for your use case different rdds with the same data,
but different partition strategies could make sense. It may also make sense to choose an appropriate
format on disc (orc, parquet). You have to choose based also on the users' non-functional
requirements.

> On 2. Apr 2017, at 12:32, <jasbir.sing@accenture.com> <jasbir.sing@accenture.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have RDD with 4 years’ data with suppose 20 partitions. On runtime, user can decide
to select few months or years of RDD. That means, based upon user time selection RDD is being
filtered and on filtered RDD further transformations and actions are performed. And, as spark
says, child RDD get partitions from parent RDD.