spark-user mailing list archives

From <jasbir.s...@accenture.com>
Subject Partitioning strategy
Date Sun, 02 Apr 2017 10:32:13 GMT
Hi,

I have RDD with 4 years’ data with suppose 20 partitions. On runtime, user can decide to
select few months or years of RDD. That means, based upon user time selection RDD is being
filtered and on filtered RDD further transformations and actions are performed. And, as spark
says, child RDD get partitions from parent RDD.

Therefore, is there any way to decide partitioning strategy after filter operations?

Regards,
Jasbir Singh

www.accenture.com