spark-user mailing list archives

From Alexandr Porunov <alexandr.poru...@gmail.com>
Subject [Spark] Can Apache Spark be used with time series processing?
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2017 20:52:20 GMT
Hello,

I am new in Apache Spark. I need to process different time series data
(numeric values which depend on time) and react on next actions:
1. Data is changing up or down too fast.
2. Data is changing constantly up or down too long.

For example, if the data have changed 30% up or down in the last five
minutes (or less), then I need to send a special event.
If the data have changed 50% up or down in two hours (or less), then I need
to send a special event.

Frequency of data changing is about 1000-3000 per second. And I need to
react as soon as possible.

Does Apache Spark fit well for this scenario or I need to search for
another solution?
Sorry for stupid question, but I am a total newbie.

Regards