spark-user mailing list archives

From Frank Staszak <fs4...@gmail.com>
Subject Spark Streaming Kafka
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2017 16:31:40 GMT
Hi All, I’m new to streaming avro records and am parsing Avro from a Kafka direct stream
with spark streaming 2.1.1, I was wondering if anyone could please suggest an API for decoding
Avro records with Scala? I’ve found KafkaAvroDecoder, twitter/bijection and the Avro library,
each seem to handle decoding, has anyone found benefits in terms of using one over the other
(for decoding)? It would seem preferable to just retrieve the avro schema from the schema
registry then translate the avro records to a case class, is this the preferred method to
decode avro using the KafkaAvroDecoder?

Thank you in advance,
-Frank