spark-user mailing list archives

From "Qiao, Richard" <Richard.Q...@capitalone.com>
Subject Re: Do I need to do .collect inside forEachRDD
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2017 21:26:07 GMT
Where do you check the output result for both case?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 5, 2017, at 15:36, kant kodali <kanth909@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I have a simple stateless transformation using Dstreams (stuck with the old API for one
of the Application). The pseudo code is rough like this

> dstream.map().reduce().forEachRdd(rdd -> {
>      rdd.collect(),forEach(); // Is this necessary ? Does execute fine but a bit slow
> })
>
> I understand collect collects the results back to the driver but is that necessary? can
I just do something like below? I believe I tried both and somehow the below code didn't output
any results (It can be issues with my env. I am not entirely sure) but I just would like some
clarification on .collect() since it seems to slow things down for me.

> dstream.map().reduce().forEachRdd(rdd -> {
>      rdd.forEach(() -> {} ); //
> })
>
> Thanks!

material from your computer.