spark-user mailing list archives

From Jean Georges Perrin <...@jgp.net>
Subject Re: learning Spark
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2017 11:53:07 GMT
When you pick a book, make sure it covers the version of Spark you want to deploy. There are
a lot of books out there that focus a lot on Spark 1.x. Spark 2.x generalizes the dataframe
API, introduces Tungsten, etc. All might not be relevant to a pure “sys admin” learning,
but it is good to know.

jg

> On Dec 3, 2017, at 22:48, Manuel Sopena Ballesteros <manuel.sb@garvan.org.au> wrote:
>
> Dear Spark community,
>
> Is there any resource (books, online course, etc.) available that you know of to learn
about spark? I am interested in the sys admin side of it? like the different parts inside
spark, how spark works internally, best ways to install/deploy/monitor and how to get best
performance possible.

> Any suggestion?
>
> Thank you very much
>
> Manuel Sopena Ballesteros | Systems Engineer
> Garvan Institute of Medical Research
> The Kinghorn Cancer Centre, 370 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010
> T: + 61 (0)2 9355 5760 | F: +61 (0)2 9295 8507 | E: manuel.sb@garvan.org.au <mailto:manuel.sb@garvan.org.au>
>
> NOTICE
> Please consider the environment before printing this email. This message and any attachments
are intended for the addressee named and may contain legally privileged/confidential/copyright
information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read, use, disclose, copy
or distribute this communication. If you have received this message in error please notify
us at once by return email and then delete both messages. We accept no liability for the distribution
of viruses or similar in electronic communications. This notice should not be removed.