spark-user mailing list archives

From Sourav Mazumder <sourav.mazumde...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic Resource allocation in Spark Streaming
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2017 17:48:51 GMT
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the confirmation.

However, I believe you must be facing issue as in JIRA 22008.

Regards,
Sourav

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 3, 2017, at 9:39 AM, Qiao, Richard <Richard.Qiao@capitalone.com> wrote:
>
> Sourav:
>                 I’m using spark streaming 2.1.0 and can confirm spark.dynamicAllocation.enabled
is enough.

> Best Regards
> Richard
>
> From: Sourav Mazumder <sourav.mazumder00@gmail.com>
> Date: Sunday, December 3, 2017 at 12:31 PM
> To: user <user@spark.apache.org>
> Subject: Dynamic Resource allocation in Spark Streaming
>
> Hi,
>
> I see the following jira is resolved in Spark 2.0 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-12133
which is supposed to support Dynamic Resource Allocation in Spark Streaming.

> I also see the JiRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-22008 which is about
fixing numer of executor related issue in dynamic allocation in Spark Streaming

> But when I check http://spark.apache.org/docs/2.1.1/configuration.html (or teh same for
2.2) I don;t see the configuration parameter park.streaming.dynamicAllocation.enabled.

> Is this feature there at all in Spark 2.0 ? Or setting spark.dynamicAllocation.enabled
is good enough ?

> Regards,
> Sourav
>
> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital
One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of work or services for
Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual
or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying
material from your computer.