Hi All,

I have the following snippets of the code and I wonder what is the difference between these two and which one should I use? I am using spark 2.2.

Dataset<Row> df = sparkSession.readStream()
.format("kafka")
.load();

df.createOrReplaceTempView("table");
df.printSchema();

Dataset<Row> resultSet = df.sqlContext().sql(
"select value from table"); //sparkSession.sql(this.query);
StreamingQuery streamingQuery = resultSet
.writeStream()
.trigger(Trigger.
ProcessingTime(1000))
.format(
"console")
.start();

vs

Dataset<Row> df = sparkSession.readStream()
.format(
"kafka")
.load();

df.createOrReplaceTempView(
"table");

Dataset<Row> resultSet = sparkSession.sql(
"select value from table"); //sparkSession.sql(this.query);
StreamingQuery streamingQuery = resultSet
.writeStream()
.trigger(Trigger.
ProcessingTime(1000))
.format(