spark-user mailing list archives

From David Capwell <dcapw...@gmail.com>
Subject how to add columns to row when column has a different encoder?
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2018 23:50:16 GMT
I have a row that looks like the following pojo

case class Wrapper(var id: String, var bytes: Array[Byte])

Those bytes are a serialized pojo that looks like this

case class Inner(var stuff: String, var moreStuff: String)

I right now have encoders for both the types, but I don't see how to merge
the two into a unified row that looks like the following

struct<id: String, inner: struct<stuff: String, moreStuff: String>>

If I know how to deserialize the bytes and have a encoder, how could I get
the above schema?  I was looking at ds.withColumn("inner", ???) but wasn't
sure how to go from pojo + encoder to a column.  Is there a better way to
do this?

Thanks for your time reading this email