spark-user mailing list archives

From Vadim Semenov <va...@datadoghq.com>
Subject Re: [G1GC] -XX: -ResizePLAB How to provide in Spark Submit
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2018 12:56:59 GMT
As typical `JAVA_OPTS` you need to pass as a single parameter:

--conf "spark.executor.extraJavaOptions=-XX:+UseG1GC -XX:-ResizePLAB"

Also you got an extra space in the parameter, there should be no space
after the colon symbol
On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 3:01 AM Aakash Basu <aakash.spark.raj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I used the below in the Spark Submit for using G1GC -
>
> --conf "spark.executor.extraJavaOptions=-XX:+UseG1GC"
>
> Now, I want to use -XX: -ResizePLAB of the G1GC to control to avoid performance degradation
caused by a large number of thread communications.

> How to do it? I tried submitting in the similar fashion -
>
> --conf "spark.executor.extraJavaOptions=-XX:+UseG1GC" --conf "spark.executor.extraJavaOptions=-XX:
-ResizePLAB", but it doesn't work.

--
Sent from my iPhone