spark-user mailing list archives

From Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com>
Subject getting error: value toDF is not a member of Seq[columns]
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2018 08:11:32 GMT
Hi,

I have spark streaming that send data and I need to put that data into
MongoDB for test purposes. The easiest way is to create a DF from the
individual list of columns as below

I loop over individual rows in RDD and perform the following

    case class columns(KEY: String, TICKER: String, TIMEISSUED: String,
PRICE: Float)

         for(line <- pricesRDD.collect.toArray)
         {
            var key = line._2.split(',').view(0).toString
           var ticker =  line._2.split(',').view(1).toString
           var timeissued = line._2.split(',').view(2).toString
           var price = line._2.split(',').view(3).toFloat
           val priceToString = line._2.split(',').view(3)
           if (price > 90.0)
           {
             println ("price > 90.0, saving to MongoDB collection!")
            // Save prices to mongoDB collection
           * var df = Seq(columns(key, ticker, timeissued, price)).toDF*

but it fails with message

 value toDF is not a member of Seq[columns].

What would be the easiest way of resolving this please?

thanks

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

such loss, damage or destruction.