Just out of curiosity why would you not use Glue (which is Spark on kubernetes) or EMR?

Regards,
Gourav Sengupta

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 1:29 AM Zhang, Yuqi <Yuqi.Zhang@teradata.com> wrote:

Hello guys,

I am Yuqi from Teradata Tokyo. Sorry to disturb but I have some problem regarding using spark 2.4 client mode function on kubernetes cluster, so I would like to ask if there is some solution to my problem.

The problem is when I am trying to run spark-shell on kubernetes v1.11.3 cluster on AWS environment, I couldn’t successfully run stateful set using the docker image built from spark 2.4. The error message is showing below. The version I am using is spark v2.4.0-rc3.

Also, I wonder if there is more documentation on how to use client-mode or integrate spark-shell on kubernetes cluster. From the documentation on https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/v2.4.0-rc3/docs/running-on-kubernetes.md there is only a brief description. I understand it’s not the official released version yet, but If there is some more documentation, could you please share with me?

Thank you very much for your help!

Error msg:

+ env

+ sed 's/[^=]*=\(.*\)/\1/g'

+ sort -t_ -k4 -n

+ grep SPARK_JAVA_OPT_

+ readarray -t SPARK_EXECUTOR_JAVA_OPTS

+ '[' -n '' ']'

+ '[' -n '' ']'

+ PYSPARK_ARGS=

+ '[' -n '' ']'

+ R_ARGS=

+ '[' -n '' ']'

+ '[' '' == 2 ']'

+ '[' '' == 3 ']'

+ case "$SPARK_K8S_CMD" in

+ CMD=("$SPARK_HOME/bin/spark-submit" --conf "spark.driver.bindAddress=$SPARK_DRIVER_BIND_ADDRESS" --deploy-mode client "$@")

+ exec /sbin/tini -s -- /opt/spark/bin/spark-submit --conf spark.driver.bindAddress= --deploy-mode client

Error: Missing application resource.

Usage: spark-submit [options] <app jar | python file | R file> [app arguments]

Usage: spark-submit --kill [submission ID] --master [spark://...]

Usage: spark-submit --status [submission ID] --master [spark://...]

Usage: spark-submit run-example [options] example-class [example args]

--

Yuqi Zhang

Software Engineer

m: 090-6725-6573

signature_147554612

2 Chome-2-23-1 Akasaka

Minato, Tokyo 107-0052
teradata.com

This e-mail is from Teradata Corporation and may contain information that is confidential or proprietary. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy or distribute the e-mail or any attachments. Instead, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail and any attachments. Thank you.