spark-user mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark 2.4.0 artifact in Maven repository
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2018 08:05:15 GMT
Hi Bartosz,

This is because the vote on 2.4 has passed (you can see the vote thread on the dev mailing
list) and we are just working to get the release into various channels (Maven, PyPI, etc),
which can take some time. Expect to see an announcement soon once that’s done.

Matei

> On Nov 4, 2018, at 7:14 AM, Bartosz Konieczny <bartkonieczny@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Today I wanted to set up a development environment for GraphX and when I visited Maven
central repository (https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.spark/spark-graphx) I saw
that it was already available in 2.4.0 version. Does it mean that the new version of Apache
Spark was released ? It seems quite surprising for me because I didn't find any release information
and the 2.4 artifact was deployed 29/10/2018. Maybe somebody here has some explanation for
that ?