spark-user mailing list archives

From Marcelo Vanzin <van...@cloudera.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 2.4.0
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2018 19:12:08 GMT
+user@

Execution Mode for better integration with deep learning frameworks, introduces 30+ built-in
and higher-order functions to deal with complex data type easier, improves the K8s integration,
along with experimental Scala 2.12 support. Other major updates include the built-in Avro
data source, Image data source, flexible streaming sinks, elimination of the 2GB block size
limitation during transfer, Pandas UDF improvements. In addition, this release continues to
focus on usability, stability, and polish while resolving around 1100 tickets.

>> We'd like to thank our contributors and users for their contributions and early feedback
to this release. This release would not have been possible without you.

>> To download Spark 2.4.0, head over to the download page: http://spark.apache.org/downloads.html
>>
>> To view the release notes: https://spark.apache.org/releases/spark-release-2-4-0.html
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Wenchen
>>
>> PS: If you see any issues with the release notes, webpage or published artifacts,
please contact me directly off-list.

--
Marcelo