spark-user mailing list archives

From Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Drawing Big Data tech diagrams using Pen Tablets
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2018 17:44:35 GMT
Hi all,

I invested in Wacom Intuo
<https://www.wacom.com/en-in/products/pen-tablets/intuos>s  tablet that
allows me to draw freefall diagrams on paper. The diagrams are based on a
subset of drawings provided by Inkscape  <https://inkscape.org/> that
allows free drawing with colour etc. It is an open source tool. Wacom only
produces black and white drawings which can be used as a base on Inkscape.
Then of course one can start colouring it etc. It allows some animated
diagrams to be produced that add some freshness to diagrams as opposed to
the ubiquitous MS Visio or MS PowerPoint diagrams.

For Spark streaming performance consideration I put some stuff together as
shown below. So a bit of fun but pretty easy to draw and add on to it.

[image: image.png]

Anyway what do you think? I see many people use these type of diagrams
these days.

Thanks

   -
   -
   -
   -
   -

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com

such loss, damage or destruction.

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 at 01:38, ayan guha <guha.ayan@gmail.com> wrote:

> FWIW...I use draw.io and it is pretty neat........
>
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 6:46 AM, Gourav Sengupta <
> gourav.sengupta@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> well, it may be possible to use just excel shapes ( and advanced shapes
>> instead of draw.io). I think that free form, hand drawing and changing
>> them to solid shapes with two taps in iPad apps and Surface apps render a
>> fantastic expressive quality to diagrams. Ofcourse, as with everything, its
>> a matter of choice.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Gourav Sengupta
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 7:45 PM Mich Talebzadeh <
>> mich.talebzadeh@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> thanks Jorn, pretty neat
>>>

>>> Dr Mich Talebzadeh
>>>

>>> LinkedIn * https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABUrV8Pw
>>> <https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAAWh2gBxianrbJd6zP6AcPCCdOABUrV8Pw>*
>>>

>>> http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com
>>>

>>> *Disclaimer:* Use it at your own risk. Any and all responsibility for
>>> any loss, damage or destruction of data or any other property which may
>>> arise from relying on this email's technical content is explicitly
>>> disclaimed. The author will in no case be liable for any monetary damages
>>> arising from such loss, damage or destruction.

Pro