Finally, thank you all. Especially, thanksĀ to the release manager, Wenchen!

Bests,
Dongjoon.

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 11:24 AM Wenchen Fan <cloud0fan@gmail.com> wrote:
+ user list

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 2:20 AM Wenchen Fan <cloud0fan@gmail.com> wrote:
resend

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 11:02 PM Wenchen Fan <cloud0fan@gmail.com> wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Wenchen Fan <cloud0fan@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 10:55 PM
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 2.4.0
To: Spark dev list <dev@spark.apache.org>

Hi all,

Apache Spark 2.4.0 is the fifth release in the 2.x line. This release adds Barrier Execution Mode for better integration with deep learning frameworks, introduces 30+ built-in and higher-order functions to deal with complex data type easier, improves the K8s integration, along with experimental Scala 2.12 support. Other major updates include the built-in Avro data source, Image data source, flexible streaming sinks, elimination of the 2GB block size limitation during transfer, Pandas UDF improvements. In addition, this release continues to focus on usability, stability, and polish while resolving around 1100 tickets.

We'd like to thank our contributors and users for their contributions and early feedback to this release. This release would not have been possible without you.

To download Spark 2.4.0, head over to the download page: http://spark.apache.org/downloads.html

Thanks,
Wenchen

PS: If you see any issues with the release notes, webpage or published artifacts, please contact me directly off-list.