spark-user mailing list archives

From Felix Cheung <felixcheun...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: SparkR + binary type + how to get value
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2019 04:31:16 GMT
Please share your code

________________________________
From: Thijs Haarhuis <thijs.haarhuis@oranggo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 6:09 AM
To: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: SparkR + binary type + how to get value

Hi all,

Does anybody have any experience in accessing the data from a column which has a binary type
in a Spark Data Frame in R?
I have a Spark Data Frame which has a column which is of a binary type. I want to access this
data and process it.
In my case I collect the spark data frame to a R data frame and access the first row.
When I print this row to the console it does print all the hex values correctly.

However when I access the column it prints it is a list of 1 …when I print the type of the
child element..it again prints it is a list.
I expected this value to be of a raw type.

Anybody has some experience with this?

Thanks
Thijs