spark-user mailing list archives

From Felix Cheung <felixcheun...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark-hive integration on HDInsight
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2019 17:12:43 GMT
You should check with HDInsight support

________________________________
From: Jay Singh <jaysingh@apttus.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 11:43:23 PM
To: User
Subject: Spark-hive integration on HDInsight

I am trying to integrate  spark with hive on HDInsight  spark cluster .
I copied hive-site.xml in spark/conf directory. In addition I added hive metastore properties
like jdbc connection info on Ambari as well. But still the database and tables created using
spark-sql are not visible in hive. Changed ‘spark.sql.warehouse.dir’ value also to point
to hive warehouse directory.
Spark does work with hive not having LLAP ON. What am I missing in the configuration to integrate
spark with hive ? Any pointer will be appreciated.

thx