spark-user mailing list archives

From Alok Bhandari <alokob...@gmail.com>
Subject MLLIB , Does Spark support Canopy Clustering ?
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2019 12:57:35 GMT
Hello All ,

I am interested to use bisecting k-means algorithm implemented in spark.
While using bisecting k-means I found that some of my clustering requests
on large data-set failed with OOM issues.

As data-set size is expected to be large , so I wanted to use some
pre-processing steps to reduce resource requirements. If found that Canopy
Clustering helps in that. I could not anything equivalent to it in spark.
Is something available? or is it planned in some future releases .

Please let me know. Thank you