spark-user mailing list archives

From "Ben Chukwumobi (CONT)" <ifediorah.chukwum...@capitalone.com>
Subject K8S spark submit for spark 2.4
Date Mon, 06 May 2019 02:30:37 GMT
Hi All,

I recently upgraded my spark version to 2.4.1 but when I try to run it with
the spark launcher 2.4, the set conf doesn't set my K8S environment
variables from the launcher submit command. Did anything change or am I
doing something wrong?

private def submitToSpark(launchId: String, req: SparkSubmitRequest,
appArgsStr: String)(implicit sparkEc: ExecutionContext):
Future[String] = {
  val promise: Promise[String] = Promise[String]()

  val launcher = new SparkLauncher()
    .setSparkHome(sys.env("SPARK_HOME"))
    .setMaster(req.k8master.getOrElse(Constants.KUBERNETES_MASTER))
    .setVerbose(true)
    .addSparkArg("--verbose")
    .setAppResource(req.appResource)
    .setConf(Constants.SPARK_APP_NAME_KEY, req.appName)
    .setMainClass(req.appMainClass.getOrElse(Constants.SPARK_APP_MAINCLASS))
    .setConf(Constants.SPARK_KUBERNETES_NAMESPACE_KEY,
req.appNamespace.getOrElse(Constants.SPARK_KUBERNETES_NAMESPACE))
    .setConf(Constants.SPARK_EXECUTOR_INSTANCES_KEY,
req.executorInstances.getOrElse(Constants.SPARK_EXECUTOR_INSTANCES))
    .setConf(Constants.SPARK_DRIVER_LABEL_KEY, launchId)
    .setDeployMode("cluster")
    .setConf(Constants.SPARK_KUBERNETES_CONTAINER_IMAGE_KEY,
req.k8containerImage.getOrElse(Constants.SPARK_KUBERNETES_CONTAINER_IMAGE))
    .setConf(Constants.SPARK_KUBERNETES_AUTHENTICATE_DRIVER_SERVICEACCOUNTNAME_KEY,
req.serviceAccount.getOrElse(Constants.SPARK_KUBERNETES_AUTHENTICATE_DRIVER_SERVICEACCOUNTNAME))
    .setConf(Constants.SPARK_DRIVER_IAM_ROLE_ARN_KEY,
config.get[String]("k8s.submitter.spark.driver.iam.role.arn"))
    .setConf(Constants.SPARK_EXECUTOR_IAM_ROLE_ARN_KEY,
config.get[String]("k8s.submitter.spark.executor.iam.role.arn"))
    .addAppArgs(appArgsStr)

Thanks and Regards,
I. Ben Chukwumobi

material from your computer.