spark-user mailing list archives

From Anton Puzanov <antonpuzdeve...@gmail.com>
Subject Running spark with javaagent configuration
Date Wed, 15 May 2019 13:27:58 GMT
Hi everyone,

I want to run my spark application with javaagent, specifically I want to
use newrelic with my application.

When I run spark-submit I must pass --conf
"spark.driver.extraJavaOptions=-javaagent=<full path to newrelic jar>"

My problem is that I can't specify the full path as I run in cluster mode
and I don't know the exact host which will serve as the driver.
*Important:* I know I can upload the jar to every node, but it seems like a
fragile solution as machines will be added and removed later.

I have tried specifying the jar with --files but couldn't make it work, as
I didn't know where exactly I should point the javaagent

Any suggestions on what is the best practice to handle this kind of
problems? and what can I do?

Thanks a lot,
Anton