Nope, it's a batch job.

Best Regards
Ankit Khettry

On Sat, 7 Sep, 2019, 6:52 AM Upasana Sharma, <028upasana820@gmail.com> wrote:
Is it a streaming job?

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019, 5:04 AM Ankit Khettry <justankit2007@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a Spark job that consists of a large number of Window operations and hence involves large shuffles. I have roughly 900 GiBs of data, although I am using a large enough cluster (10 * m5.4xlarge instances). I am using the following configurations for the job, although I have tried various other combinations without any success.

spark.yarn.driver.memoryOverhead 6g
spark.storage.memoryFraction 0.1
spark.executor.cores 6
spark.executor.memory 36g
spark.memory.offHeap.size 8g
spark.memory.offHeap.enabled true
spark.executor.instances 10
spark.driver.memory 14g
spark.yarn.executor.memoryOverhead 10g

I keep running into the following OOM error:

org.apache.spark.memory.SparkOutOfMemoryError: Unable to acquire 16384 bytes of memory, got 0
at org.apache.spark.memory.MemoryConsumer.throwOom(MemoryConsumer.java:157)
at org.apache.spark.memory.MemoryConsumer.allocateArray(MemoryConsumer.java:98)
at org.apache.spark.util.collection.unsafe.sort.UnsafeInMemorySorter.<init>(UnsafeInMemorySorter.java:128)
at org.apache.spark.util.collection.unsafe.sort.UnsafeExternalSorter.<init>(UnsafeExternalSorter.java:163)

I see there are a large number of JIRAs in place for similar issues and a great many of them are even marked resolved.
Can someone guide me as to how to approach this problem? I am using Databricks Spark 2.4.1.

Best Regards
Ankit Khettry