spark-user mailing list archives

From "Rao, Abhishek (Nokia - IN/Bangalore)" <abhishek....@nokia.com>
Subject RE: [External Sender] Spark Executor pod not getting created on kubernetes cluster
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2019 13:29:59 GMT
Hi Manish,

Is this issue resolved? If not, please check the overlay network of your cluster once. We
had faced similar issues when we had problems with overlay networking.
In our case, executor had spawned, but the communication with driver and executor had failed
(due to issues with overlay network) and we were seeing similar logs.

One way to quickly check this is to quarantine all worker nodes except one. This way both
driver and executor will be launched on same worker node. If driver/executor communication
happens in this case, then it is confirmed that we have issue with overlay network.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhishek

From: manish gupta <tomanishgupta18@gmail.com>
Sent: 01 October 2019 PM 09:20
To: Prudhvi Chennuru (CONT) <prudhvi.chennuru@capitalone.com>
Cc: user <user@spark.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [External Sender] Spark Executor pod not getting created on kubernetes cluster

Kube-api server logs are not enabled. I will enable and check and get back on this.

Regards
Manish Gupta

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 9:05 PM Prudhvi Chennuru (CONT) <prudhvi.chennuru@capitalone.com<mailto:prudhvi.chennuru@capitalone.com>>
wrote:
If you are passing the service account for executors as spark property then executor will
use the one you are passing not the default service account. Did you check the api server
logs?

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 11:07 AM manish gupta <tomanishgupta18@gmail.com<mailto:tomanishgupta18@gmail.com>>