spark-user mailing list archives

From Yeikel <em...@yeikel.com>
Subject Is there any way to set the location of the history for the spark-shell per session?
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2020 18:20:52 GMT
In my team , we get elevated access to our Spark cluster using a common
username which means that we all share the same history. I am not sure if
this is common , but unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it.

Is there any option to set the location of the history?  I am looking for
something like spark-shell --history=...path or something similar that can
be reused for other sessions.

By default , history seems to be stored in $HOME/.scala_history and I did
not see anything in the documentation about it , but maybe there is an
undocumented way to do it.

Thanks for your help!