spark-user mailing list archives

From Marshall Markham <mmark...@precisionlender.com>
Subject spark-submit exit status on k8s
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2020 12:23:44 GMT
Hi Team,

My team recently conducted a POC of Kubernetes/Airflow/Spark with great success. The major
concern we have about this system, after the completion of our POC is a behavior of spark-submit.
When called with a Kubernetes API endpoint as master spark-submit seems to always return exit
status 0. This is obviously a major issue preventing us from conditioning job graphs on the
success or failure of our Spark jobs. I found Jira ticket SPARK-27697 under the Apache issues
covering this bug. The ticket is listed as minor and does not seem to have any activity recently.
I would like to up vote it and ask if there is anything I can do to move this forward. This
could be the one thing standing between my team and our preferred batch workload implementation.
Thank you.

Marshall Markham
Data Engineer
PrecisionLender, a Q2 Company

NOTE: This communication and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by replying to this email, and destroy all copies of the original message.